ALWAYS BE READY FOR NEW ENGLAND'S NEXT STORM.
A permanently installed Generac home backup generator protects your home automatically. It runs on natural gas or liquid propane (LP) fuel, and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit. A home backup generator delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your entire home or just the most essential items. Today’s Generac models feature electronic diagnostics for reliable operation.
how a standby generator works:
1. UTILITY POWER IS LOST
Whether from a storm, a fallen utility pole, or simply one of the “New England Blackouts,” the electricity you depend on is suddenly gone.
2. YOUR GENERAC GENERATOR SENSES A PROBLEM
Within seconds, your generator prepares to restore your home’s power.
3. THE GENERATOR TURNS ON - AUTOMATICALLY - WHETHER YOU'RE HOME OR AWAY
Within a few seconds, it is up to speed and generating electricity.
4. YOUR ELECTRICITY IS RESTORED
The automatic transfer switch sends generator power to your home. And it will continue until utility power returns. When that happens, the generator ceases operation—automatically.
The number of lights and appliances determines the size of generator that would be right for your home. Use the chart below as a guide:
|Air Conditioning||2-ton||2-ton||3-ton||≤ 4-ton*||≤ 5-ton*||≤ 5-ton*|
|# Bathrooms backed up||1||1||2||2||3||3+|
|# Bedrooms backed up||1||2||3||4||5||5+|
|Well Pump or Water Heater|
* For multiple A/C units check with Central Cooling and Heating for installation options. Rooms and appliances indicated here are examples only. Professional sizing by Central Cooling is recommended.
Why Central Cooling and Heating?
Too many companies brag about their great capabilities…we’d prefer to simply list a few of our accomplishments:
- 20+ time winner of Carrier’s Dealer of the Year award
- Guest “experts” on multiple PBS and Discovery Channel home improvement programs
- Consecutive winner of the Angi “Super Service” award
- Consecutive winner of the state’s “Cool Smart Contractor” award
- Recognized as one of the nation’s top 25 HVAC contractors by Contracting Business magazine
Simply put, Central Cooling is a family-oriented company with a devotion to our customers…but also with over 20 service vehicles and technical staff. We understand our industry…and generators are a specialty. Give us a try today.